This comprehensive training is a valuable and in-depth exploration of the Yin Yoga practice, developed for both serious students and teachers interested in learning the core aspects of Yin Yoga and it’s applications in daily practice and in teaching skills.
Yin Yoga utilizes muscularly relaxed poses usually supported on the floor, that are held for longer periods of time, in order to safely and systematically stimulate chemical re-generative responses in connective tissues, particularly of fascia, ligaments and within joint capsules. Through modest traction and compression, one trains the structural tissues to reduce the process of contracture that shortens tissues and can cause degeneration, adhesions, pain, and decreased range of motion. Yin Yoga's methodical and subtle approach provides lubrication, mobility, and a sense of lightness to the body's structure and energetics and therefore to the mind.
This Immersion includes:
• The history of Yin Yoga
• Study of core principles of Yin Yoga, understand the difference between Yin and other forms of practice and application
• Study the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine, pelvis and shoulder girdle in relationship to Yin practice
• Discuss principles of tension and compression in Yin practice
• Learn Yin poses and their counterparts
• Learn the principles of sequencing of Yin practice, with relevant modifications and adjustments
You will receive a manual with all the topics covered and with illustrations of the poses, counter-poses and adaptations.
(25 CEU's available for those registered with YA)
Sat: Aug 17 & 24, 11-5pm
Sun: Aug 18 & 25, 11-4pm
Offered at Clarksburg Yoga and Wellness,
23330 Frederick Rd, Clarksburg, MD, USA